Procurement Director India
Purpose of the position:
Control, maintain and improve company sourcing and procurement strategy. Total control of price and delivery time with designated suppliers. Main negotiator to achieve group targets with constant monitoring of material prices and currency exchange rates. Total supply chain management from sourcing, purchasing, order tracking, delivery and financials.
Carefully manage supplier relations and procurement team members to reach targets and goals.
Target is to become a strategic partner with strong Indian supply base.
Scope: Procurement Director reports directly to Managing Director
- Responsible for optimizing Prins head-office requirements from a customer point of view to the Indian organization.
- Responsible for First Time Right and fast Time to Market strategy
- Monthly reporting of purchase activities and pricing monitor in India by cockpit
- Full control of Supply Chain Management which contains; RFQ, Cost Price Breakdown, Order Income Control, Order Acknowledgement, Order Tracking, Order Expediting, Logistics Planning, Logistics Forwarding and Financial Administration.
- Responsible for having signed supplier; Purchase, Tooling and NDA contracts according Prins Terms and Conditions. And responsible for possible non-conformity handling.
- Direct contact and responsible for supplier audits and negotiations to ensure continuous improvement of supplier performance
- Management of the Warehouse and Logistic Manager in his/her procurement operations
- Direct responsible for Prins government filings in accordance with Prins selected accountant (M+V)
- Direct responsible for all Prins rental activities and for other related local authorities
- Management of the financial activities such as external Cash forecast, Accounts Payable and internal Pay-Roll/Salaries and Service Invoice for Prins Netherlands in cooperation with Prins Accountant (M+V) and Managing Director.
- Experience in a (purchase) management position required.
- Managerial University Degree required, Technical University Degree preferred
- Experience in Mechanical Engineering required. Preferred knowledge in castings and forgings
- Experience in Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management
- Experience in working for an European (trading) Company
- Excellent knowledge of English language in word and writing.
- Excellent knowledge of Indian Law and regulations conform trading.
- Willingness to travel and always available for business trips.
- Strong customer focus skills
- Leadership skills
- Decision making skills
- Able to read a technical casting/forging drawing (3D CAD preferred)
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong mathematical and calculation skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Computer and software MS Word, Excel skills
- Willing to see the long-term possibilities within Prins and its future growth
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity with foreign colleagues.
- Able to work with top management as well as own team members
- Respectful, honest and trustworthy
- Analytical and problem solving
If this job suits you, we would like to receive your application. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org